Copying my son's grade 1 routine for show-and-tell, plus responding to cries of tell us more about YOU...
Lists and questions: two of my favourite things!
1. The book that changed my life: "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho.
2. The quote that keeps me sane: "This too shall pass."
3. The best advice I’ve ever received: Always tuck away a little "fun money."
4. The film I’ve watched again and again: Love Actually.
5. The song I want played at my funeral: Pass In Time - Beth Orton; Sweetest Decline - Beth Orton; Shake it Out - Florence and the Machine.
6. The scent that evokes pleasant memories: The soap my Grandma used to use - plain old Ivory, I think?
7. The piece of furniture that will become an heirloom: Does anyone want sharpie-covered Ikea crap? My favourite David Hockney painting from Saltaire, UK.
8. First job: *cringe*.... Fairweather (clothes) at Richmond Centre.
9. Favourite item in wardrobe: My Tiffany horseshoe necklace.
10. Pet peeve: Noise.
11. Greatest accomplishment: My kids.
12. The gadget that I can’t live without: Laptop, cell phone.
13. The item I’d save in a fire: (excluding people, of course) My boxes of mementos.
14. The characteristic I like most in myself: Being organized (!)
15. The characteristic I like least in myself: Impatience; bossiness.
16. The last time I cried: The ugly cry: While watching "When I Walk" at the Vancouver International Film Festival. The regular cry: Pretty much every day!
17. It was the best of times...: Moving overseas completely alone in 2001. It prepared me for everything else that came in life.
18. It was the worst of times...: When my step-Dad died in 2002. I didn't get to say goodbye.
When I was diagnosed with MS in 2012.
19. The person I call when things go pear-shaped: I am lucky to have lots of listening ears... But I'd probably start with my mom and sister.
20. My death row dinner: Turkey dinner. Extra stuffing, extra gravy. With lots of wine...