Wednesday, 23 July 2014
I have been hemming and hawing for a long time now. A really long time.
I was wondering what was going to have to happen in order for me to make this drug decision.
I think it happened today.
(and it has nothing to do with MS, or health, or anything, really).
My car unexpectedly needed new tires and new brakes. I needed to hand over a lot of money. I was emotional and stressed. And when it came time to pay, and the job hadn't been done to completion (or to my satisfaction), I called them out on it. It was nice to feel in control, and to argue for something I felt wasn't done right.
And for whatever reason, this event made something click. I could stick up for myself, and coherently explain what needed to be done.
When I got home, I emailed the MS nurse and told her I had made a decision. I am going to go with Gilenya.
Firstly - it will be covered by Pharmacare. Secondly - it's been almost 2 months, and I still haven't heard a peep about whether Lemtrada will be covered by my extended health plan.
Too slow. I need to move on.
Deep breaths. I made a decision! Now I need to arrange for my preliminary tests on my heart and eyes.
But first - almost time to head to the place I spent my summers growing up. Some time on Skaha Lake. My very favourite happy place.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment